Friday, March 11, 2016

Easy Bruschetta Egg on Toast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I often don't have time and i'm not usually hungry. So I often have my meal replacement shake but sometimes I am hungry and sticking with a clean healthy diet can be a challenge. I do love food. I love spices and bold flavors so bland flavors will not cut it for me! So the other morning I decided to spice things up while not taking to much time in the kitchen. When my son is in school is the only time I really have to run errands and get most of my work done uninterrupted.





I toasted a piece of fresh bread I picked up from Whole Foods. I usually get their Ancient Grain bread but they didn't have it this week so I picked up their Onion Grain and it was yummy! While it was toasting I made some bruschetta. I sliced up 4 campari tomatoes (so my mom could have some too!) 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, 2 cloves minced garlic, and mixed in a bowl with a dash of salt and fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.  I heated up a pan on medium high heat and gave a light spray of cooking oil and cooked an egg over medium (one for each of us.) Then I placed the toast on a plate, topped it with my egg and spooned the bruschetta on top and dug in! My mouth was doing a happy dance and my mom was making all sorts of "mmmm" sounds from the dining room. Fresh, simple and a way to change up your basic breakfast.

If you know someone who would enjoy this recipe please feel free to share it! I share pictures on my instagram all the time of recipes I try and when requested I'd be happy to post the recipes here on my blog. Instagram is @dreadigiglio


No comments:

Post a Comment